Monday, August 17, 2009

LoisLeigh's Mermaid bookmark

I have almost come to terms with the fact that there are just not enough hours in each day for me to crochet all the things I want to make. Almost come to terms, but not quite. I am good most of the time; I try to spend my time wisely, working on my own designs. I can't tell you when was the last time I bought a new crochet pattern designed by someone else.
Well actually, I can. It was last Friday, when I saw this: This cutie is "LoisLeigh's Story Time Mermaid Bookmark." When I saw her, I knew I had to make her; she is just too cute!!!!
Lois Leigh Anderson is a very talented knit and crochet designer, who has also designed Jack and Jill bookmarks and is working on a Little Red Riding Hood version (I can't wait for this one; Red Riding Hood has aways been my favorite fairy tale.) The patterns are available for download in her shop on Ravelry:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/loisleigh-ravelry-shop
and also in her Etsy shop: AndersonsCreations.etsy.com

I love her sweet face, and the garland of shells around her head!

I had hoped to work on her this past weekend, but things didn't go as planned (as usual.) But Lois says she works up very quickly, so I will make the time to sit down and crochet her soon.
My plan is to make her for my granddaughter Anna for Christmas. I think she would make a wonderful gift for a little girl (or a big one!), tucked inside a book of fairy tales (maybe marking "The Little Mermaid," by Hans Christian Andersen?) I know she will love it.
And after I have finished Anna's, I will make the Little Red Riding Hood for myself!

6 comments:

Sherri said...

WOW I love the bookmark I may need to get out my thread and make her she is so awesome. THanks for the link.

Unique2wh0 said...

That is adorable! What a great idea to add with a book for gift :)

crochethuahua said...

She is really pretty. I'll have to go buy the pattern now!

Brenda said...

Thank you for posting this I will have to get it & make my granddaughters one. They love the little mermaid.

Unknown said...

Oh, this is adorable! Let me know if you ever want to do a bookmark exchange! :)

Jewell said...

Oh Ann she will flip for that. She is such a girlie girl. That is just going to tickle her pink!