Monday, October 19, 2009

A Tip for working with Black Thread, and a peek at Lucy and Jack

Does it ever hurt your eyes to crochet with black thread, or do you just have trouble seeing the stitches? Next time, try placing a white pillowcase (or any white fabric) in your lap as you work. The contrast of the white background seems to make the stitches much easier to see. This also works in reverse, when using white or light colored thread, place a dark colored piece of fabric in your lap. As I get older, I find my eyes appreciate any little thing I can do to make their work easier.
And as I promised, here is the next in my "Lovely Ladies Doilies" series. This is the first of the "Vintage Vignettes" and it is called "Lucy and Jack Go For a Stroll" or something like that. I still have to make the collar and leash and do the finishing touches on it, but I hope to have it out for testing later this week.
I love Scottie dogs, and have wanted to make this doily for quite some time. I think it is turning out nicely. I hope you like it!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Ann~ You already know How I feel about her :-) Shes outstanding!!! love this.

Crochet Queen said...

That is lovely and thanks so much for the tip I am making something in black now...

crochethuahua said...

That is absolutely stunning!

BarbaraCrochetStudio said...

Ann,
The doily looks gorgeous!
I also use contrasting background (towel or blanket on my lap) when crocheting with thread. :)
Barbara

RaggedyKisses said...

Hi Ann!!!

Another beautiful creation!!! She is just stunning!!!

jonamc said...

Oh Ann, She is lovely! Even better than what I imagined! Can't wait for her to go on sale. You are an inspiration. J

Lois Anderson said...

Wow, Ann. Lucy and Jack are fabulous. I love this series. Lois Anderson

glor said...

This is absolutely beautiful!

DandiCreations said...

I love her!! Can't wait to purchase her.

Diana

Unique2wh0 said...

Ohh my goodness!! Very unique I love it..and thanks for the tip I have given up using black, but will now give this a try!!