Monday, August 15, 2011

Crochet Online

One of the most wonderful things available to crocheters today is the Internet. There are literally thousands of blogs, web sites and videos available to provide inspiration, information, tutorials, free patterns, and well, just about anything you could want or need related to crochet. Here are a few sites that I have enjoyed visiting  recently:

The next time I someone asks me "But what can you do with all of those doilies?" I am going to share the link to this post on Mod Vintage Life: http://modvintagelife.blogspot.com/2011/08/doilies.html
Nita has collected photos from all over the web showing inovative and beautiful ways to use all the doilies we tend to collect over the years (well, at least I have!) Her blog is lovely, I love her decorating style!

If you are not a member of Ravelry, which is an online community of knitters and crocheters, I urge you to check it out. There are hundreds of different groups for every kind of interest you can imagine (I belong to groups called "Doily Heads," "Threadies," and "Crinoline Girls We Love" for example.) You can spend hours just looking at all the beautiful items folks have posted pictures of. Be sure you have some extra time when you visit: http://www.ravelry.com/

I love the fact that many big name fashion designers are featuring crocheted designs! Betsey Johnson is one of my all time favorite designers, and while I am afraid this little top is too young for me, I think it is adorable! http://www.betseyjohnson.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11529180
Copyright Betsey Johnson
And if you don't know about Crochet Pattern Central, you are in for a treat. They have links to thousands of free online  patterns. It is a treasure trove of goodies! The patterns are broken down into categories to make it easier to search for a specific type of pattern. http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/index.php
Well, that's all for today. Do you have any favorite crochet sites?

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

I check Crochet Pattern Central at least once a week. That's where I have found a lot of my blogging friends, including you.

CrochetBlogger said...

Great links. Betsey Johnson is so much fun. I love about a block away from one of her stores and am always just walking by to see the eye candy on display in the windows. :)

Mindy said...

Those doily projects are amazing!! Wow!